- According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, it currently costs $555 (Source)
- You can file Form N-565 online and pay your fee online or print it out and file it by mail (accepted payments include a money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions).
- Checks should be made payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Filing and biometric service fees aren’t refundable, regardless of the outcome any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request.
- Use the free Fee Calculator to get the most accurate cost estimate for requesting a copy of your naturalization certificate
How To Fill Out The Form N-565 Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Documents
If you’re wondering “How Much Does It Cost To Get A Copy Of My Naturalization Certificate?“, use the information on this page and the video above to file your N-565 form.
Where To File Your Request
- By paper
- or online
Doing It Online
If you are going to file your form N-565 online, you’ll need to create an online account.
There are some added benefits to creating an online account including the ability to pay the filing fee digitally; easily checking the case status; quickly receive updates and notifications; the ability to respond to evidence requests online; and the ability to digitally manage all of your personal contact and address information.
However, you will have to mail photos and original certificates, if required, once you have finished filing the application electronically.
Doing It By Mail
The form can also be submitted to the following addresses:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 20050
Phoenix, AZ 85036
For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
It’s important to note, even if you have submitted the form by mail, you can still create a USCIS online account so that you can keep tabs on the progress.
Once the form has been submitted through the mail, you should expect to Receive a USCIS account acceptance notice that will help you create a USCIS online account. In addition, you will get case notifications delivered by the United States Postal Service.
Reasons For Rejection
Make sure that you are especially thorough when you complete the form. There are some required fields that can’t have missing information. These include family name, date of birth, mailing address, and Basis for Application. The form filling tips page has lots of useful information to help guarantee the application is accepted.
Hi, my name’s David. I started this pricing blog as a side project to help people figure out the best prices on common services. Whether you’re trying to figure out how much it costs to get scanning done at Staples or the expense to bleach short hair, more than likely I’ve blogged about it. Shoot me an email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.