The average cost is between $9,000 and $20,000, varying by which cosmetic procedures are included (Source)
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons lists the most common elements and their pricing, saying average costs are:
- Breast augmentation: $3,719
- Breast lift $4,636
- Breast Reduction: $5,631
- Tummy tuck: $5798
- Liposuction: $3,200
A mommy makeover is a term used to describe a range of cosmetic surgery procedures that are designed to help new mothers restore their pre-pregnancy appearance. While the specifics of each makeover will vary depending on the individual, most often they include a combination of breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction.
There are many reasons why a woman might choose to have a mommy makeover. For some, it’s a way to regain their confidence after the physical changes that come with pregnancy and childbirth. Others may want to improve their appearance for their own satisfaction, or to feel more attractive for their partner. Whatever the motivation, mommy makeovers can provide amazing results, helping women to love their bodies again.
Of course, like any surgery, mommy makeovers come with some risks and potential side effects. It’s important to be aware of these before making a decision to proceed. Additionally, the cost of a mommy makeover can be significant – though there are often financing options available to make the procedures more affordable.
If you’re considering a mommy makeover, this guide will provide everything you need to know, from the basics of the procedures themselves, to the potential risks and side effects, to the average cost.
You’ll spend between $9,000 and $20,000 on your mommy makeover, depending on various critical elements. Its goal is to remove the excess skin left behind when the body stretches during childbearing. The cost will often depend on the type of cosmetic surgery you need.
Usually, you will consider these procedures:
- breast augmentation
- breast lift
- tummy tuck
Breast augmentation will cost you between $3500 and $4000. This two-hour surgery requires the medical expert to fit saline or silicone-filled implants on your breasts. The choice of the implant affects the final cost. Usually, silicone gel implants are significantly costlier, but they will offer better results.
You could also consider a breast lift, which gives your breasts a youthful and round shape. This procedure aims to reinflate droopy or sagging breasts. Its average cost is $4600. You might also opt for breast reduction to make your breasts much smaller. After childbearing, this procedure is worth it if you have a sore back, neck, or shoulders.
Liposuction is yet another necessary procedure in a mommy makeover. It aims at removing excess or stubborn fat accumulated within the abdomen, particularly after giving birth. This procedure costs about $3000 to $4000, depending on the expert, location, and urgency. It is also an excellent alternative to weight loss programs.
Various elements will affect how much you pay for a mommy makeover. These elements include the following:
- Selected medical expert
- Geographical location
- Type of surgical facility
- Surgery-related costs
Selected Medical Expert
Experienced professionals understand how to get the best mommy makeover. While they assure you of incredible results, you will likely pay a higher amount in the long run. You might need to compare how different professionals charge for this service.
This way, it becomes much easier to pick a significantly affordable person in the long run. The difference could save you thousands of dollars.
The location of the facility and surgeon will often be affected by the cost of living in the region. A region with high living costs will often attract larger amounts to cover various elements, including overhead costs.
For instance, a professional in the outskirts of a major town will likely charge you a smaller amount than one in the CBD. For this reason, expect to pay a fortune when you select facilities within major cities.
The surgical facility you select will determine your safety and satisfaction. You need a reputable and approved facility to give you the best results in the long run. In such instances, you will compare the reviews and testimonials the facility has.
However, it would be best if you chose an accredited facility to get the best results at the end of the day. Such an institution shall offer you enhanced consumer protection.
You will cover travel and accommodation costs when looking for a mommy makeover. These costs will vary with the distance you cover and the duration of the accommodation.
As you look forward to a comprehensive mommy makeover, you must be ready to cover the abovementioned costs. These costs vary from facility to facility, meaning they can be lower or higher than stated.
More pricing considerations
2. Surgeon’s fees: The surgeon’s fee is the biggest factor in the cost of a mommy makeover. Be sure to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience performing mommy makeovers.
3. Anesthesia fees: Anesthesiologists typically charge by the hour. The longer your surgery, the higher the anesthesia fee will be.
4. Operating room fees: Most surgeons have their own private operating rooms, which come at an additional cost.
5. Surgical assistants: If your surgeon has surgical assistants, their fees will also be added to the total cost of your mommy makeover.
6. Post-operative care: After your surgery, you’ll need to stay in a recovery room for a few hours. You may also need to stay overnight in the hospital if you have multiple procedures done. These costs will be included in the total cost of your mommy makeover.
7. Follow-up appointments: You’ll need to see your surgeon for follow-up appointments to ensure that your incisions are healing properly. These appointments are usually covered in the cost of your surgery.
8. Type of procedures performed: The type of procedures you have done will also affect the cost of your mommy makeover.
9. Insurance coverage: Most health insurance plans do not cover cosmetic surgery, so you’ll likely have to pay for your mommy makeover out-of-pocket.
10. Financing: Many plastic surgeons offer financing options to help patients afford the cost of surgery. Be sure to ask your surgeon about financing before you have surgery.
11. Miscellaneous costs such as parking, childcare, etc: Don’t forget to factor in the cost of parking, childcare, and other miscellaneous items when budgeting for your mommy makeover.
A mommy makeover is a combination of cosmetic surgery procedures performed in order to restore a woman’s body to its pre-pregnancy appearance. The most common procedures included in a mommy makeover are breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck and liposuction.
There are many reasons why women choose to have a mommy makeover. Some women feel self-conscious about their bodies after pregnancy and breastfeeding, while others want to regain their pre-pregnancy figure. Whatever the reason, a mommy makeover can help women feel more confident and attractive.
If you’re considering a mommy makeover, it’s important to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience performing these procedures. During your consultation, your surgeon will evaluate your individual goals and help you determine which procedures are right for you.
A mommy makeover is a big decision, but it can have a profound impact on your self-confidence and quality of life. If you’re unhappy with your post-pregnancy body, a mommy makeover may be right for you.
Elements of a mommy makeover
- 1Breast Augmentation: Also known as breast implants, this procedure can restore volume and fullness to the breasts. Breast augmentation is often combined with a breast lift for optimal results.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift can help improve the appearance of drooping or sagging breasts. This procedure is often combined with breast augmentation for best results. Check out our article on fat transfer breast augmentation costs for more details!
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck can help tighten loose, saggy skin on the stomach. This procedure can also remove excess fat and skin, and restore weakened or separated abdominal muscles.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can help remove pockets of excess fat from various areas of the body, including the thighs, abdomen, arms, and neck.
- BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift): The Brazilian butt lift is a popular procedure that can help improve the shape and size of the buttocks. This procedure involves transferring fat from other areas of the body to the buttocks to create a more youthful and attractive silhouette.
- Facelift: A facelift can help improve the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin on the face and neck. This procedure can help you look younger and more refreshed.
- Neck lift: A neck lift can help improve the appearance of loose, saggy skin on the neck. This procedure can also remove excess fat and restore weakened or separated muscles in the neck.
- Rhinoplasty: Also known as a nose job, rhinoplasty can help improve the appearance of the nose. This procedure can also correct functional problems with the nose, such as a deviated septum.
- Eyelid surgery: Eyelid surgery, also called blepharoplasty, can help improve the appearance of drooping or sagging eyelids. This procedure can also remove excess fat and skin from the eyelids to help improve vision.
A mommy makeover is a big decision, and it can be costly. The average cost of a mommy makeover ranges from $5,000 to $10,000. However, the cost of your surgery will depend on the individual procedures you choose.
It’s important to remember that a mommy makeover is an investment in your health and happiness. If you’re unhappy with your post-pregnancy body, a mommy makeover can help you feel better about yourself and improve your quality of life.
Hi, my name’s David. I started this pricing blog as a side project to help people figure out the best prices on common services. Whether you’re trying to figure out how much it costs to get scanning done at Staples or the expense to bleach short hair, more than likely I’ve blogged about it. Shoot me an email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.